Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 3 Vegetarian Challenge

Three days down and going strong!  Today I decided to spice things up a bit and try another new recipe.  On the menu today Curried Cauliflower and Spinach with Tilapia Fish.

Today's ingredients
 Recipe:
1 medium cauliflower
6 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, halved and sliced
1 green chilli, sliced
1 lb/450 g spinach
6 tbsp vegetable stock
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt and pepper
cilantro sprigs, to garnish

1 Break the cauliflower into small florets.
2 Heat the oil in a deep flameproof casserole dish.  Add the mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop.
3 Stir in the remaining spices, the garlic, onion and chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
4 Add the cauliflower, spinach, vegetable stock, cilantro and seasoning and cook over a gentle heat for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.  Uncover the dish and boil for 1 minute to thicken the juices. Garnish and serve.

For the Tilapia Fish I didn't have a recipe so I simply used the spices above minus the mustard seed as a rub on the fish fillets.  I rubbed the fish with some Olive Oil and brushed the spices on then placed in a shallow baking pan.  I preheated the oven to 450 and cooked the fish for 10 minutes uncovered.


Dinner is served!
 This is my new favorite dish!!!!  My only complaint is that I didn't make enough to have left overs!  Tilapia Fish is a great fish!  Pretty much no mercury, sooooo NOT a fishy fish. (can't stress that enough)  I will definately be making this bad boy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment